Now is the Time to Repower, Refuel, and Rebuild America
Congress Must Pass Comprehensive Clean Energy and Climate Legislation
The Energy and Commerce Committee forged a historic agreement on comprehensive clean energy and climate legislation that will now move to the full House. Passing the American Clean Energy and Security Act through the committee demonstrates the growing momentum from diverse and important regions, who came together to set a path for America's clean energy future. This bill will create millions of jobs, reduce our dependence on oil, and limit global warming pollution.
As the bill moves forward, members of Congress need to strengthen and pass legislation that will unleash investment in clean energy sources like wind and solar, increase energy efficiency to save consumers money, boost the economy, and set firm limits on global warming.
A growing group of businesses, labor unions, faith groups, veterans, environmentalists and others know that delay is not an option. We need to act now to strengthen the economy, increase our security, and protect the health of people and the planet.
YOU CAN HELP! Send a message to Congress below!
By joining this campaign, you can help us to support Congress to enact strong clean energy and climate legislation in the 111th Congress.
Passing comprehensive energy and climate legislation will:
- Create and protect millions of good jobs at home by spurring investment in America's growing clean energy economy.
- Improve our national security by enhancing America's energy independence through energy efficiency and expanded domestic clean energy production.
- Place a cap on the carbon pollution that's harming our air and water, and endangering the health of the planet and its inhabitants.
Get working now – send a message to Congress!
- Environment America
- Environmental Defense Fund
- League of Conservation Voters
- National Audubon Society
- National Wildlife Federation
- Natural Resources Defense Council
- Pew Environment Group
- Sierra Club
- Union of Concerned Scientists